By using the Site or our Services, you represent and warrant that you meet all the requirements listed above, and that you will not use the Site or Services in a way that violates any laws or regulations. Note that by representing and warranting, you are making a legally enforceable promise.
We may refuse to provide our Site or Services, close accounts, and change eligibility requirements at any time.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Information We Collect From You Directly
We may collect personal information in connection with your use or purchase of our products and Services, including at the Stores or through your Just4Women Group Independent Stylist and the use of the SM or the Sites or through your use of the Services, which may include information provided in connection with the following activities:
- Registering or filling in forms on the Sites, Public Venues, or in the Stores. This includes information you may provide when you request additional information about our products and services or sign up to receive our e-mail newsletters or coupons.
- Purchasing any product or service from us, whether at a Store, through a Just4Women Group Independent Stylist, over the phone, or through the Sites.
- Providing design or product feedback or making other submissions to us.
- Requesting information or assistance from us. We may also keep a copy of any communications or correspondence you may send to it, including any e-mail communications.
- Participating or responding to consumer survey or requests for consumer’s opinions, concerns, and preferences regarding our products and Services.
- Participating in consumer contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions.
The personal information that we may collect may include your name, username, password, email address, age, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, financial transaction information to process your purchase, personal preferences, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile, your submissions of your goals to us or in other communications to us. In addition, we may collect additional information from users of our Services with their consent. You represent and warrant that you have the right and authority or have obtained all necessary consents to provide any information, including any personal information of another individual, that is provided by you to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about browser behavior on Sites. Specifically, as you navigate through and interact with the Sites and Services, we may automatically collect additional information about you, including pages you visit, your geographic location based on your Internet Protocol (IP) address, promotions or specials with which you interacted, browsing actions and patterns, the frequency of user visits to the Sites and Services, the routes by which users access the Sites and Services and use of any hyperlinks available on the Sites and Services, and other similar behaviors.
We may use such information to offer you recommendations for products and services that are relevant to your interests, to speed up your searches, to recognize you when you return to the Sites, to help ensure the security of your interactions with the Sites and Services, to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, and for other reasons to help provide you a better browsing experience.
If you leave a comment on our Site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to the Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal information and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal information and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you upload images to the Site, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the Site can download and extract any location data from images on the Site.
Third-party Analytics and Tracking
Social Media Networks and Third-party Websites
Please note that the information or comments that are posted may be collected and shared by these Third-Party Services, and your information or comments that are posted or disclosed through these Third-Party Services may become available to us, to other users, or the public.
You can edit or remove the permissions you have granted to us to use information from your connected social media accounts by using the application privacy settings on your social media account. For instructions on how to change or remove third-party access on each platform, please visit its website(s)
How We Use Your Information
We may collect or maintain records and copies of correspondence, including your e-mail address if you contact us and details of transactions you carry out through our Sites and Services and of the fulfillment of your orders and requests, your search queries on the Sites and Services, and the provision and receipt of services through the Sites and Services. You may be required to provide additional information, including financial information before placing an order, or signing up for or receiving services through the Sites. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, separately or in combination with pre-existing information, for the following purposes:
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or otherwise provide information, products or services;
- To establish and conduct commercial relationships, including to process purchases or other transactions and to conduct or administer other transactions that you may engage in with us including at the Stores, on or through the Sites or through your Just4Women Group, Independent Stylist, the SM or through the Services;
- To conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes or other promotions in which you have participated;
- To contact you and to respond to any communications that you may have had with us;
- To troubleshoot problems with the Sites and Services;
- To customize your experience or homepage on the Sites;
- To develop and manage our business and operations;
- To detect and protect ourselves and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with our policies and contractual obligations;
- To engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving us, including in the course of producing information for due diligence or to conclude such a transaction;
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions;
- To share with our legal, financial, insurance or other such advisors in connection with a business transaction or management of all or part of our business operations; and
- For any other purpose to which you consent.
Personal information we collect may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States and/or Canada. While in another jurisdiction than your home jurisdiction for processing, the information may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities of that jurisdiction.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please, see below “Choices About How We Use and Disclosure Your Information”.
How We Share Your Information
- To business partners, service providers or businesses that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational service support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Services, forums and online communities; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; (k) to deliver promotional materials, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions; (l) to answer customer questions about our products and Services; and (m) otherwise provide and support our Site and Services;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we may provide information as necessary to Just4Women Group Independent Stylists and companies that host our Services or send communications on our behalf. These service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request;
- With third parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to any person, us, or the Services, or violations of our policies or the law;
- To comply with the policies governing our Sites or Services;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Sites or Services users is among the assets transferred; and
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes without obtaining prior affirmative or express consent.
These subsidiaries, affiliates and third parties may be located outside the United States and Canada. We will only provide those third parties with the personal information that they need to deliver the services to us or on our behalf.
We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For more information, see below: “Choices About How We Use and Disclosure Your Information”.
Choices About How We Use and Disclosure Your Information
We do not collect your personal information unless you choose to provide it and consent to the collection for the purposes disclosed to you. We strive to provide you choices regarding the information you provide to us and the information we otherwise collect about you. Below are ways in which you have control over your information:
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further email communications from us (except in connection with information about our products or Services that you specifically request or otherwise in regards to a transaction with us that you initiated), you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us as set out below.
Third-Party Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies and other tracking technologies, as explained below. However, you should be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from enjoying the full functionality of the Site and/or Services.
Most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. The “Options” or “Preferences” menu of most browsers detail how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Your browser’s settings may also allow you to disable or delete similar technologies and data used by browser add-ons (such as Flash cookies), for instance by changing the add-on’s settings or clearing browser storage. Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products.
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides. If you only want to limit third-party advertising cookies, you can turn off most of these cookies by visiting the following links (but be aware that not all of the companies listed on these sites drop cookies via our Services):
For users in the United States, you may also be able to exercise your website cookie preferences by visiting the TRUSTe preference center by clicking this link: http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) directly on the NAI’s website.
For Google Analytics, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (e.g. the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
Please note that even if you opt-out and limit cookies or these third-party tracking technologies, they may still collect data and you may still see ads, but they will not be targeted based on information collected through these technologies.
Other Information About Your Privacy
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. Some Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, we do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals. We deploy cookies and other technologies on our Services to collect information about you and your browsing activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
United States Users - California and Delaware “Do Not Track” Disclosures
California and Delaware law require us to indicate whether we honor “Do Not Track” settings in your Web browser concerning targeted advertising. At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating “Do Not Track” signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, we do not currently respond to any “Do Not Track” browser requests.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We generally retain your information as long as reasonably necessary to provide you the Services or to comply with applicable law. However, even after you deactivate your account, we can retain copies of information about you and any transactions or Services in which you may have participated for a period of time that is consistent with applicable law, applicable statute of limitations or as we believe is reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, to detect or prevent fraud, to collect fees owed, to resolve disputes, to address problems with our Services, to assist with investigations, to enforce our agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with applicable law. However, we will destroy or permanently de-identify personal information it holds if it is no longer needed for the business purposes to which you have consented.
The security of your information is important to us. We take precautions to protect your information by implementing safeguards to protect the information we collect. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Any payment transactions that run directly through us and that are not outsourced to our third-party provider, Shopify, will be encrypted using SSL technology. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Further, certain aspects of the Sites and Services are not confidential and are available for public viewing. For example, other users of the Sites and Services will be able to view your profile and goals that are publicly available. Any submissions that you may post to any publicly available blogs or other publicly available features of the Sites and Services are not confidential and may be viewed by other users of the Sites and Services. By making personal information publicly available where the Sites and Services allow you to do so, you consent to such publication by us or our service providers and agents.
Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Sites and or via our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites and/or Services.
The Sites and Services may offer opportunities to communicate through email, SMS or text messages. Because normal email is not encrypted, the possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept email messages. Neither us nor any of or our affiliates, Independent Stylists, and business partners are not responsible for the privacy and security of email messages except those stored in our system.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a verification information for access to certain parts of our Sites and/or Services, you are responsible for keeping this information confidential. We urge you to take steps to keep your private information secure, such as choosing unique verification information and never sharing such information with anyone else. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Sites and/or Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Sites and/or Services. Please notify us promptly if you believe your verification information or identify has been breached.
Breach of Security
In the event that we become aware of a security breach, which we believe has resulted, or may result, in the unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of non-public information of any user, including yourself, we will promptly investigate the matter and notify the applicable parties of such breach. Such investigation will be without delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement; (ii) measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach; (iii) efforts to identify the individuals affected; and (iv) steps to restore the reasonable integrity of our Site or Services, as applicable to the specific security breach.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us might have been compromised), or if you suspect someone else is using your account, please let us know immediately by contacting us.
Our Sites and/or Services is not intended for children under 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Sites and/or Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are parent or guardian and learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, please contact us as set out below and we will delete that information.
Access and Correction of Your Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. Upon your written request, subject to certain exceptions provided by law, we will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personal information and give you access to that information. Additionally, if you have any questions or enquiries relating to our privacy practices or procedures, or if you believe that the personal information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date you may write to the Privacy Officer at the address provided below. If you are able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete or up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
Contact Information; Challenging Compliance